Friday, June 21, 2013

Five Minute Friday; Rhythm







There is a Rhythm to our days...in the rising up and the laying down. It pulls us along each day as the sun rises calling us to join in...to take notice. Yet, the needs seem to yell louder and its quiet rhythm gets lost in the bullet points on my to do list. I can be overwhelmed by...the bills, the endless meal prep, runny noses, and weeping tales of "that's my toy." I join in the rhythm of the journey but miss the beauty of the notes being played. Each day I rise I have a chance to see beauty in the Rhythm...in the notes the Lord is playing out in my life. Lord, help me to catch those...to not miss what is right in front of my eyes...to not miss the abundance of grace. Lord help me to see...that each day there is beauty in the hazel eyed girl and blue eyed boy looking for their mama and morning hugs. Lord...help me to see the beauty in the man...the man who loves...who gets up everyday and serves you...who serves us. Lord...help me to see beauty when I feel pulled down by the lies....when my good doesn't seem good enough. When my mama skills feel inferior and my heart is heavy. Help me to see your beauty in that...your grace. Lord...may the notes of your beautiful melody be the ones that I hold onto each day. Lord...open my eyes that I may see....

Once again it's five minute Friday over at Lisa-Jo's...go check it out and join in!


Five Minute Friday

9 comments:

  1. Ah ... your pictures have taken me straight to the beach this morning ... that's where I belong right about now! Or any month of the year. Thank you for this lovely gift this morning!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Linda...love the beach although it will be a cool 77 here today...hoping it warms up this weekend so we can another trip in. :) Although I am not going to complain especially when I know those ninety degree temps are coming soon. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Finding the beauty in rhythm...I think you're capturing it well!

    I often feel this too:
    "Yet, the needs seem to yell louder and its quiet rhythm gets lost in the bullet points on my to do list."
    But I pray to overcome it today and rest in the rhythm of worship as I go about my work. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I pray you overcome it and too and that your day is full of worship and grace. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Reta, this is an excellent reminder. I really think the Lord is trying to tell me something here. This is not the first time recently I have come across a convicting message, pertaining to grace and seeing the beauty in each day. I also like the concept of 5 Minute Friday. I think I will have to pray over it and I may join you in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come join us Sara! I think us mommas need to encourage each other in the everyday...the days can seem so long and we need each other to get us through. We can help each other see the grace and the beauty. :)

      Delete
  4. As always, Reta~ beautifully written. And me too. I get lost in the doing and forget the living. So glad you joined in today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sweet Lori! We need to get lost in the rhythm of the beach together...hopefully we can make that work sometime this summer. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Reta! I had a question for you about possibly collaborating on something and was hoping you could email me back to discuss? Thanks so much!

    - Emma

    emmabanks9 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete