Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Paint, Paint, and More Paint

The house that we bought has been meticulously maintained but lacks some serious color. The entire inside is painted a cream color with a slightly darker trim. So needless to say not a lot pizazz going on here. Thus far we have painted Mimi's room a nice shade of pink and the kitchen has been stripped of the dreaded fruit wallpaper and painted a lovely shade of gray. My dad is coming up this Saturday and our mission is to paint and then paint some more. (P.S. Can i just say that my dad is flying all the way from Florida just to help us paint. He is the best. Love you Dad!) We are going to paint our bedroom, bathroom, living room, dining room, and guest bedroom.  When it comes to picking out paint colors the task can seem a bit daunting. I mean color is great but how much color is too much color? After what seemed like an eternity of looking I think I have got everything sorted out.

For the Bedroom we are going with a color called tranquility. I found it on rate my space and it was used in the following bedroom created by a designer named Patrick.

In the living room we will be using the colors called Tyler's taupe and tawny rose. For the bathroom it will be a beige/brown color and more of the same beige/silver color in the guest bedroom. I am taking a pillow from the bedding to have it matched at home depot.  Hopefully it will all turn out great!
I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment