Tuesday, May 28, 2013

When Truth Sets You Free

My munchkins are watching cartoons in the early hours of this morning and I am trying to wake up with a good strong cup of coffee. Yet, things in my heart have been stirring for weeks...years really. So here I am sitting with the Lord and saying what now? You see...I had the chance to glimpse some amazing truth...truth that in an instance changed my whole perspective. The Lord is so cool like that. In our encounters with him he leaves us changed, blessed, hopeful.  He's calling me to walk a slightly different path. I will share more in-depth about how this came to be and where I think he's leading soon.

 In essence though it will be about being created for home. How we can use things, people, goals, etc...to mask a longing that can never be filled with the tangible. We were created with a desire for God but also a desire to be "at home" with Him. How often are we seeking to stuff, mask, or fill, our need to "be home"? How do we "find home" here on this side of eternity? I never really understood all the times in the Bible where it talks about this being our temporary home...I mean I got it on a head level yes this is not our home...but not on a heart level because let's face it there can be some really good stuff going on down here. So I am sitting in the now looking into this idea of being home and letting the truth go down deep...for when truth sets you free, you shall be free indeed.

Sea Glass Beach Cuba

No comments:

Post a Comment