Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mirena can do what???

Okay so I just had to put this out there! A friend of mine who just had her second baby earlier this year decided to get the mirena implant as a form of birth control. Ok, great idea right? It gets implanted and then you don't have to worry about it or future babies until you are ready. Well turns out it is not so great after all...With the mirena there is a chance that it can perforate your uterus and end up outside your uterus floating in your abdomen or elsewhere. Not so good! This is what happened to my friend and tomorrow she has to have surgery to remove it from her abdomen before it damages any other organs.  Now she will be out of commission for two weeks recovering from surgery all because of birth control.  Just thought I would pass the word. So if you are thinking about trying it...do some research. Who knew that this little device could bring such trouble to your life.



2 comments:

  1. I didn't have the Mirena, but I had one called Paraguard - I had difficulty getting it removed and had to go in TWICE to have that done. I had it in for over a year with no complications until I wanted to have it removed. The Dr ended up puncturing my cervix in 2 places trying to get it out! OUCH!! Insane, huh?!?! I don't know that I want to go thru that again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...puncturing your cervix! That sounds so painful. I can totally understand not wanting to go through that again. I think I am going to pass on the iuds too.

    ReplyDelete