Sunday, October 10, 2010

Williamsburg Farmer's Market

                                                          Pic taken from this site

Yesterday I went with my sweet friend Angela to the Williamsburg Farmer's Market. It is in downtown colonial Williamsburg and located in Merchant's Square every Saturday. This was my first trip and I have to say I had a blast. One it was great to be with a good friend. Two, how can you go wrong with locally grown produce and fresh baked good and flowers? Three, it's colonial Williamsburg and I just love it there. If you haven't been, downtown Williamsburg is filled with quaint shops and restaurants and just around it are all the historic buildings of Colonial Williamsburg. So beautiful. On Saturday the streets in merchants square were lined up with vendors. I loved being able to buy fresh organic produce that i knew was locally grown. I also purchased a lovely striped pumpkin from the very booth that is pictured above. They had live folk music and lots of people were eating breakfast on the veranda of the Trellis restaurant. I hope to get up there pretty frequently! I had a fresh grown tomato with my salad last night and I have to say I don't want to eat bland grocery store tomatoes anymore. ;)

1 comment:

  1. The market there is great! We went when we were up back in Sept. I'm somewhat jealous.

    ReplyDelete